Home Forums Drunk/Drugged Driving laws and enforcement Failed Interlock Rolling Test

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bliddy Boh 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I have not had a drink in almost 8yrs now. I have been doing everything by the book and following all the rules to get my license back. I was allowed a restricted license with a device installed on my vehicle since August 2012. I started the vehicle and left work without an issue. I was driving home and the device requested rolling test, which it said I failed. The device started to do a count down and I immediately pulled over and shut the vehicle down before it shut down. After it counted down I blew into the machine and I passed and continued home. I called the company that installed it and set up an appointment because a service date shut down displayed. The next morning I started the vehicle without an issue and on the way to work it requested a rolling test. I gave the sample and it took very long to accept the reading and asked for me to blow in it again, which I did. This time it said fail and started the count down. I pulled over and called the company as it was still counting down and they said there wasn’t anything they could do until the scheduled appointment. I blew into it after the count down and it started. I gave one more rolling test as I pulled into work and there was no issue. I continued to get random failed tests for two weeks. It has been colder than usual and it takes the device longer to warm-up. The company‚Äôs internal check of the equipment said there were no problems with device. The second time I had to go to get the data download I was advised to remove any air freshener or unsealed containers in the vehicle, which I had windshield washer fluid in the backseat. Since I removed all those items I have had no issues again except the company mailed a violation letter to the DMV. Now I’m waiting to see what their going to do to me. I’m scared because if they revoke my license I have to started the process all over again and I didn’t even do anything wrong.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

What state are you in?
    What device do you have?

These are important questions to answer in order to get any help.

00iksllib
    Participant

I live in Michigan and the device is a Draeger or Drager. It just seems that the systems keeps trying to keep one down. I kept a record of every time I was experience a problem or fail. The device can only give results but it doesn’t explain what the I was doing. I wasn’t eating or using anything that was advised to me when the device was first installed. Just confused and worried that I’m going to have to fight an uphill battle.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

What model Draeger? Is it the XT?

Most of these interlocks are pretty good about recording the right numbers. But sometimes cabin air can affect them. It says in the manual to not store solvents, etc. anything with alcohol in the cabin of the car.

You may get lucky and they might write it off as a fluke. But never know until you get that letter.

00iksllib
    Participant

From what research I have been able to find online it looks like a XT but it doesn’t say on the device. I never recieved a manual when it was installed. I was just explained how to operate the device and what type of things you should avoid putting in your mouth before using it. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be up a river without a paddle on this one. Thanks for all your help.

Bliddy Boh
    Participant

You can go to the website and get one if needed.

The topic ‘Failed Interlock Rolling Test’ is closed to new replies.